Owen's b-day

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Elliot's b-day

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, October 9, 2014

first joke

Owen told his first joke yesterday.  At least the first jokingly thing he intentionally said, he's certainly said plenty of other funny things!
A little background (although this in no way guarantees you will find this as funny as Dave and I did): Dave has had a very sore back since he returned from Kenya a month ago and as such can't easily pick Owen up to carry him.  Owen for his part insists on being carried everywhere these days, I think it is his reaction to Elliot and I"m sure it will pass.  I waffle between being frustrated at this and enjoying it as I know one day he will never want me to carry him again.  That being said, I wouldn't mind if he stopped insisting on being carried up and down the stairs...which is where the joke comes in.

I was upstairs giving Elliot a bath and it was time for O to head up for his bath.
O: Daddy, carry me upstairs?
D: no, you can walk.  I'll hold your hand
O: no, carry me!
D: I can't carry you
O: because you have a sore back?
D: yes.
O: carry me?
D: how about you carry me up the stairs?
O (laughing at this): no, you are too big.  I am too little.
D:  you carry me? (mocking Owen)
O: I can't, I have a sore back (then breaks into a fit of laughter at his own joke)

which we also thought was quite funny, and clever.

And a pic of E from this morning:

Owen at the same age.


















We're raising clones.





No comments:

Post a Comment