Owen's b-day

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Elliot's b-day

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter everyone!  We've had a busy week here with a trip to the library last weekend, Good Friday spent baking muffins and painting, a big Easter egg hunt this morning and then a walk over to Lake Calhoun with a stop at the park and then Tin Fish for lunch...yum!  And some other things thrown in there too...

this boy will sit and read a book anywhere!

Builder Goose is a library book
favourite - we've had to check it out twice now!



















Baking muffins with a two year old is not the cleanest task ever...he insisted on doing ALL of the stirring which meant a lot of batter randomly splattered around the kitchen!

"Owen mix!"

"I paint un arbol"  or at least his modern art version of a tree...
 Owen is big into wearing his glasses. I think because Dave and I both wear them...little does he know he's destined to have to wear them soon enough!  He insisted that Panda Bear and Puppy both have glasses, so I made a pair of paper ones for puppy and Panda Bear got to wear mine for the photo op.


"I'm an airplane!"
this was the best pic I could get at the park...he just wouldn't stay still long enough!

Owen's imagination play has really grown in the last month or so.  He makes up all sorts of little games and attributes random emotions to inanimate objects.  For example:
Owen: (eating peas at dinner) he's shy
Me: your pea is shy?
Owen: yah...and this one is scared.
Me: your pea is scared?  
Owen: yah

Also at dinner:
Owen: (with spoon in mouth) I'm a crocodile!
Me: oh, because you are biting your spoon?
O: yah, snap! snap!  (still biting the spoon) Now I'm a tiger!  Roar!
Me: whoa! you're a scary tiger!
O: (spoon held up to poke out the top of his head) Now I"m a parrot! 
Me: (no idea why a horn made of a spoon indicates a parrot, but understanding he is being all the animals from his peekaboo jungle book and blocks set we were playing with before dinner) Are you going to be an elephant next?
O: yah!  I'm an elephant! (spoon held against his nose like a trunk)

And a little story from 2 weekends ago when Dave was out of town:

 I swear 75% of the time Dave is out of town I have to deal with some sort of animal (usually a bat) in the house.  And it never happens when he is home.  O and I got up to have breakfast Sun morning, and O was sitting at the dining room table eating a pancake, I was in the kitchen making toast with my back to him, and he calls out "bird!"  I thought he was looking out the window and said something over my shoulder to him like "oh, that's nice, do you see a bird outside?"  and he just kept repeating "bird" and then kind of started to whimper.  I finally turned around and looked at him and said "is the bird outside or inside?"
  "bird" 
 "right, is it outside or inside?"  
"inside"
"where?" (it was in the living room and I couldn't see it from the kitchen, and it wasn't a bird, it was a bat)  then it came flying around doing some laps of the dining room and kitchen - dive bombed me once (or so it seemed...it probably wasn't actually that close, but man those things are fast!) so I ducked down behind the island and swatted at it with my cell phone (which happened to be the nearest thing to my hand as I ducked...I'm sure I was quite the sight), Owen was still in his booster seat kind of whimpering and scared, poor little guy...the thing had been flying around him I think while I was in the kitchen making toast!  I went over and grabbed him and we went outside and left the back door open...after about a minute the bat found its way outside and was gone.  Meanwhile Flax got out (which is fine) but ran into a neighborhood male cat and got in a hissing fight, and then the tom cat kept tormenting Flax and Dribble once they were back inside - he would walk up to the front porch windows and stair at them while they went ballistic hissing and clawing through the windows at him.  I had to chase him off 3 times before he finally left...it was like wild kingdom here that morning!  And poor Owen was a bit traumatized by the whole bat thing I think.  He wouldn't leave my side all morning when we were in the house, and the first thing he said to me when he woke up from his afternoon nap was "I scared bat".  Poor thing.  He seemed to be over it by the next day...until the next time Dave is out of town and we get another one!




No comments:

Post a Comment